Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good Brand Sight

If this is in the wrong place please move. It said rookie so I think it should fit.

I'm looking for a red/reflex sight for anywhere under $75-$80.

My use is for my Mossberg 500 in which I shoot 3 gun. What is a good sight? I hear alot of people complain about the EoTech... is there a reason? Others seem to like them.

Here are a few sights I was looking at.

http://tacticalshotgunaccessories.com/mossbergaccessories/reddotsights.htm

Thanks ~Cowboy

A red dot on a shotgun will move you into Open according to most match rulesets, so unless you've got the gear on your other guns I wouldn't bother. Most folks are running long tubes and speedloaders, or magazine fed semiautos in Open, so a pump would be a BIG disadvantage. The 500 is great for Heavy Metal, if you have the other guns needed for that Division.

I have put several tasco PDP4's on my 1100, and it basically eats them for lunch...i'm stubborn tho, i'm on my 3rd one at present, a red dot in the price range you are talking about more than likely will not hold up, least not for very long, and like what was said earlier, a dot will move you into open pertherules and a pump in open, puts you well behind the rest ofthe pack....

With optics you kind of get what you pay for. The lower cost ones tend not to hold up. If you can, spend the money for a nice one. As for EoTech's, I have had a few and the only thing I don't like is that they turn off by themselves.