Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gunsmith barrel or drop in

Killer Glock

I'm planning on buying a KKM barrel with a SJC 11 port comp for my open glock. Do I really need to get the gunsmith barrel or will just the drop in one work? What would make my gun blow up? I'm just sick of sending my gun to the gunsmith for months at a time and I need to save money.

Don't let people scare you. I have a couple of friends who shoot 9mm major a lot (one for 3 years probably weekly). Worst that has happened was a cracked brass case that blew out his mag, but caused no barrel or internal damage. Thats one round out of probably 20K. The key is to use new brass initally, work your load up SLOWLY toward your target PF. I have seen some people on these forums claim of getting close to 180 PF, now that is a barrel waiting to blow up. Also don't be suprised that at the lower load weights of your test rounds that you don't produce enough gas to work your comp. Just keep inching up your load until it works and your at your PF. A lot of old 38 super guys are dead set against the 9mm major,why I don't know. So welcome to the new wave of open pistols.