Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting brass to the head. XD9

Bevenue

what is the condition of the ejector?

That was my first thought. It looks like there is a little wear on the face of it. But its not broke off or worn very bad. It is the older, machined style ejector.

how about the recoil spring? if the recoil spring is weak it may possibly cause weird ejection. I would change the ejector first and then the recoil spring and go from there. There's always Springfield's warranty if all else fails

how about the recoil spring? if the recoil spring is weak it may possibly cause weird ejection. I would change the ejector first and then the recoil spring and go from there. There's always Springfield's warranty if all else fails

recoil spring was changed about 2k ago. Its a factory recoil spring

• 2 weeks later...

Got inside of the slide and found the roll pin broken. Fixed that and replaced the ejector. It still sends them towards my head. Its doing it when the mag is empty and the slide is locking open, ready for a reload. Got it to do it with the only two mags I had with me today.

So the next try is the recoil spring. Should I get a Springfield replacement or go to the 1911 style. I'm a little confused on the 1911 style. If I go with this one My link. How does the little "washer" stay on or do I clamp it on the rod somehow?

BTW I got to keep the gun USPSA production and IDPA legal.