Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Prices of Witness Classic around $300!

photog

I've noticed that the Witness Classic has dropped down to UNDER $300 on Gunbroker.com and a couple other dealers on the net. Is there something wrong with the gun?

The only one that I handled at a gun shop had a trigger defect (when pulling the trigger slowly the hammer would fall to half-cock).

Would this make a good Production gun? I use a Limited in, well, limited division and love it!

A large number of them were dumped into the market place, the market is just trying to get rid of what's left in dealer inventory. There is only so many the market place can sell before interest drops away. I've got a couple left and they are good guns, they just have a different slide profile than the rest of the Witness line does.

Rich

i think the witness classic are pretty good guns and excellent value at the selling price. i also like the way they fit my hand a bit better than a cz75. however,there is no way i would compare them to a limited.your comparing a performance center gun to a standard production one.

if you do decide to go this route,just make sure you like the front sight which is part of the slide and not dove-tailed. you're going to have to come up with something if you want to change it. i don't think the post is even big enough to drill.

In my quest for a Production gun, the Witness has popped up a few times, but now that I read about the XDM 5.25, I doubt that anything else will sparkle in my eye. The XDm fits my hand so perfectly, and the single action is easier to learn than the DA/SA of the Tanfoglio/CZ series. But a nice gun for $300 new is still a deal. If only I wasn't taking a 65% pay cut to move back to AZ! I firmly believe that starting out with a top of the line platform is way better than turd polishing and eventual replacement.

In my quest for a Production gun, the Witness has popped up a few times, but now that I read about the XDM 5.25, I doubt that anything else will sparkle in my eye. The XDm fits my hand so perfectly, and the single action is easier to learn than the DA/SA of the Tanfoglio/CZ series. But a nice gun for $300 new is still a deal. If only I wasn't taking a 65% pay cut to move back to AZ! I firmly believe that starting out with a top of the line platform is way better than turd polishing and eventual replacement.

$300 is a very good deal but I sure wouldn't call it a top of the line platform. A good place to start maybe but it would take quite a bit to get a witness to be a great pistol.

$300 is a very good deal but I sure wouldn't call it a top of the line platform. A good place to start maybe but it would take quite a bit to get a witness to be a great pistol.

Exactly my thought. I'm not gonna bother with it. I have a Ruger P89 if I want to shoot a "non-competitive 9mm". That XDm 5.25 is super thrilling to think about!