Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Small hands

madmax52

Some folks can reach under the trigger guard with their strong side middle finger and drop the mag. There was a top ranked shooter from a few years ago (Merle Edington) who did this all the time.

It takes a light release spring and an extended or enlarged button (tougher to do in Production Division given the restrictions on mods).

NIce if you can do it - don't have to reacquire the firing grip with the strong hand, and saves the time of the shift and shift back.

I have small hands and a SA 1911. I had to make alot of changes.

I shorten the trigger thinner grips and a lower thumb safety. I

now have a good purchase and really improved my shooting, my taget

doesn't look like a shot gun hit it, I do need to replace mag release.

I have been looking at the MP in 9 cal. That fit my hand real well,

have a good purchase, and my hand lines up well. The only thing

would be work on the trigger. I went through alot on my 1911 til

I had it rt. Now my groups are good, and I have control. Really

sucks when it'ts not rt.

my vote would be a new xdm i bought one for my wife and she has very small hands and after changing the back straps she was able to shoot this with very few problems she also wanted grip tape added to to grip to help with recoil control because the gun still moved a little bit when shooting after the grip tape all problems sloved and iam off the hook she is also able to shoot my 1911 because the grip is small as well hope this helps

Recently, a new CZ gunsmith (cajungunworks.com) has come up with a way to move the DA trigger "back" almost 5mm---A BIG IMPROVEMENT for me. He also has a drop-in mod for a 6# (or less) DA pull that works. His "KITS" are actually inexpensive and easy to install. I've done two of them and the pistol is really impressive.

Does anyone know if this mod is Production legal? I'm in the process of switching from Glocks to a Custom Shop SP01, and this very issue is really messing me up (I posted a thread on this today).

Barry