Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My new practice plan

pangris

I'm new to USPSA but plan on shooting - a lot - in order to get better ASAP. I'm lucky enough to be five minutes away from a nice indoor range with steel plates at 20 yards. I have an STI Trojan 9mm I bought with the intent of shooting it "until the wheels fall off" to get better and faster. FWIW I'm planning on shooting production with a G17 for the time being, and eventually some limited 10.

Will simply shooting plates (I'll be using a Pact mk4 while practicing) do any harm per se? I'll be able to be able draw there as well... I'm thinking 2-3 times a week, 100 rounds at a time, and mainly plates, though I can shoot traditional paper targets as well (but can't draw on those).

Paul

pangris,

you can do a search on "calling shots" to find that out.

you will come alone slowly with your plan. you need to get steve anderson's dry fire book and do a lot of dry firing. also, check out brian' book.

lynn

Thanks! I had a feeling. So you don't actually have to yell out Alpha Alpha Charlie MIKE :o

Grassy ass!

I will be buying Brians book at a minimum, and soon.

I don't have any desire to shoot limited or open, or to be a GM. I just want to be a better shooter with my Glocks and 1911s, hence production and limited 10. I was toying with a Para LDA in production, but in hindsight, no reason to do it. A G17/34 will work fine.

If I could create a division, it would be limited 8 - single stack 1911s, no extended mags... and the targets would have paintball guns, and if you got hit, you'd be Dq'd! :P

Probably so... but pangris also said

"If I could create a division, it would be limited 8 - single stack 1911s, no extended mags... and the targets would have paintball guns, and if you got hit, you'd be Dq'd!"

And Clint Smith would design every stage... and operate the controls on the remote pain ball guns.

B)