Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• 2 weeks later...

After testing about a million chairs, including all the Aeron's, I ended up with a Paoli Seven Five. As soon as I sat in it I knew it was the chair for me. Although the mesh bottom is probably superior, I didn't ever feel quite right in the Aerons. I'm still happy with the Paoli overall.

be

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I was lucky enough to by mistake end up at a location where I could try out / on just about every top of the line chair in the same building. The company I work for is working on a project at Chicago's Merchandise Mart, and all of the high end chair manufactureurs have a show room in the Mart. Herman Miller, Stellcase, humanscale, and a bunch more.

In the end, I have decided to go with the Humanscale Freedom. I spend hours reading over contracts and spec. books for my job, so the automatic adjusting head rest on the Freedom was a real selling point for me. Not cheap by any means, but when you spend 8-10 hours a day in a chair I hope it will be worth it.

By the way, for those of you in Chicago, if you have never been to the Mart it is worth the trip. Pretty amazing place. You can't buy anything there, but if you want ideas and to see the EXTREME in high end, that is the place to visit.