Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting a big local Points Match

Dan Hefta

I know some of you are thinking "why is this in the what I like forum?" Well here's my story and I will keep it short. I injured my ribs about a week ago, I believe they are cracked or dislocated anyways they hurt like hell. I was planning on attending one of our local clubs Points matches (this club really puts on great matches) SCAPSA in MN. I had been babying my ribs all week and was feeling a lot better, then I got a call Friday night from my sister, her water main pipe was spraying water and flooding her basement. Being the great guy that I am, I grabbed my plumbing tools and headed for her house. I didn't get home until midnight and I was hurting bad now. I didn't sleep very good that night and had to head for the range at 730am (my wife was pretty mad at me for going) I was in a lot of pain during the match and my times were not that good but I shot the match clean... I couldn't believe that I actually won Lim 10 that day, I am still hurting very badly but would have done it all again. The moral that I took from the this experience is "you only live once, make the best out of a bad situation."

Special thanks to my squad mates for picking up my slack... I love you guys! :cheers:

Whoa there! That even SOUNDS painful! Crazy that you won like that. :cheers:

Yep it was a challenge, my squad helped out a lot, I didn't do much, until I was up to shoot. The last two stages I could barely raise my left arm up, amazing what your body can do when adrenaline starts pumping.