Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1200 vacuum manifold blocks one toolhead pin?

Just got my RT1200B in from BE/Dillon and set it up. This thing is pretty awesome (and the cut is definitely as clean as others photographed when I asked about it). I did spark it once during setup (didn't quite tension the motor lock nut enough and the start-up torque wobbled it into the trim die) but there's only a very, very minor chip in the carbide blade and it's working without any issues. I have an RCBS FL resize/decap in station 1 and the 1200 in station 3.

The only question I have after setup is regarding the vacuum hose manifold thing. It seems that no matter how I set this up, it will block one of the toolhead pins in because it has to sit fairly deep in the toolhead. The fix I have for this right now is to just use one toolhead pin with this toolhead, opposite the trimmer, as the cases going into the resizing/decap and then the trim die will cause it to automatically align. Is this a common thing when trimming .223 where the size die and motor must be screwed down pretty far or am I overlooking something? Anyone else have any quick fixes?

Sorry - forgot to mention it - it's a 550. I figured you could do it that way as well, I was just trying to alleviate having to do it that way and keeping it as close to a "pop the pins and swap heads" as possible. It's not a major hassle by any means but I was just wondering if anyone had found any workarounds.

It blocks a toolhead pin on my 650, too.

I'm experimenting with some velcro to attach the manifold, rather than the screws. Couple of squares of the "hook" side on the hose side, then a strap of the "loop" side going around the back half of the manifold to hold the halves together. Seems to be working fine, and a lot faster to put the manifold on and take it off.

It blocks a toolhead pin on my 650, too.

I'm experimenting with some velcro to attach the manifold, rather than the screws. Couple of squares of the "hook" side on the hose side, then a strap of the "loop" side going around the back half of the manifold to hold the halves together. Seems to be working fine, and a lot faster to put the manifold on and take it off.

I run a the RT1200B on station 4 of my 650, no issues with clearing the pins. FL Dillon decapper/sizer die at 1.