Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Redi-Mag & Redi-Mod

J-Rob

Does anybody here use a Redi-Mag or the Redi-Mod on their AR for 3 GUN? I've been looking for an alternative way of carrying an extra magazine with me and I'm not sure if this would be very useful.

I used a 1st gen redimag for some time. Worked very good. It's a VERY fast reload. Only thing is, when you hit the mag catch on the rifle, both mags drop free, so you better be ready to catch the new mag (the one held by the redimag).

The newer version of the redimag eliminates that problem.

IIRC, the redimod uses the newer version of the redimag, but I'm not sure that the weight savings of the redimod is worth the extra expense. I have seen pictures of guys who did their own modifications to redimags to attain some of the weight savings of the redimod.

I prefer the redimag to a mag coupler, because the top round in the "new" mag won't walk forward under recoil, as they will with the mag couplers.

Hope that helps.

Damn they be expensive. I'd like to try one but I'm not sure I would like the extra weight on my rifle all the time. I can do a mag change from my bent fast and I can change a mag with a coupled mag really fast. The only advantage over the coupled mag is that you don't have the chance of losing that 1st round on top of your secondary coupled round from the recoil impulse, right?