Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Soft Recoil Rounds for 9mm

p3fe(ret)

take the gun and put the front of the barrel against something that will not mar it. push the slide assembly against it. it will help it unlock. with mp's , most of the ones that I ahve seen that are stuck are due to high primers.

another option,if you have the ledge site is to do a one handed reload style against a table or something

Got It! Thanks for that idea, it worked. Have to load 125 LRN's a lot shorter for the M&P from now on. Lesson learned there.

Thanks to all that tried to help out on this problem, next time I'll know better.

Are you using the Missouri 125 gr rn? Those not as pointy as many other 9mm out there. Causes them to have to be loaded short or they will get stuck.i run a different 125gr all day long at 1.15

take the gun and put the front of the barrel against something that will not mar it. push the slide assembly against it. it will help it unlock. with mp's , most of the ones that I ahve seen that are stuck are due to high primers.

another option,if you have the ledge site is to do a one handed reload style against a table or something

Got It! Thanks for that idea, it worked. Have to load 125 LRN's a lot shorter for the M&P from now on. Lesson learned there.

Thanks to all that tried to help out on this problem, next time I'll know better.

Are you using the Missouri 125 gr rn? Those not as pointy as many other 9mm out there. Causes them to have to be loaded short or they will get stuck.i run a different 125gr all day long at 1.15

Yes they are Missouri 125 LRN. Not sure yet if I will stay with lead or go back to plated. The bullet was jammed into the barrel, that was the problem. No damage done but took awhile to clean after the HP38, also had some leading but it cleaned out with the Lewis kit.

Which 125 do you run?

Yes they are Missouri 125 LRN. Not sure yet if I will stay with lead or go back to plated. The bullet was jammed into the barrel, that was the problem. No damage done but took awhile to clean after the HP38, also had some leading but it cleaned out with the Lewis kit.

Which 125 do you run?

just as I thought. lot of folks have the same situation with the Misouris. I use either two alpha or unique precision.

In my experience, mp's run just fine with lead. Plated or FMJ, for me, is reserved for indoor ranges that do not allow lead.