Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Here is my version of a "speed shoot"

Chills1994

For him to go back to knock down the steel, your WSB now requires him to reload again

Then I would think that the same thing would apply to Larry's stage above which requires you to shoot paper, then steel, or vice-versa.

We had this very discussion the day we shot this stage. There is only one mandatory reload required in the WSB.. so if you perform the required reload, then realize you left a piece of steel standing, you would be okay to make up the steel without penalty because you had already satisfied the requirements of the WSB. You are not required to make the additional reload according to the WSB.

In post #5 all that was said was "Shooter must perform a mandatory reload when transitioning between paper and steel".

It has no exception about skipping a reload when going back to a previous array.

Is there was an exception and I had the mag capacity, then I would take a shot that is a deliberate miss at the paper, reload, shoot the steel and comeback to the paper.

For him to go back to knock down the steel, your WSB now requires him to reload again

Then I would think that the same thing would apply to Larry's stage above which requires you to shoot paper, then steel, or vice-versa.

We had this very discussion the day we shot this stage. There is only one mandatory reload required in the WSB.. so if you perform the required reload, then realize you left a piece of steel standing, you would be okay to make up the steel without penalty because you had already satisfied the requirements of the WSB. You are not required to make the additional reload according to the WSB.

In post #5 all that was said was "Shooter must perform a mandatory reload when transitioning between paper and steel".

It has no exception about skipping a reload when going back to a previous array.

Is there was an exception and I had the mag capacity, then I would take a shot that is a deliberate miss at the paper, reload, shoot the steel and comeback to the paper.

In the OP, there is only one array, all targets. Following his WSB, you would get a procedural for not complying the WSB, for not performing the reload after the 8th shot.

I was referring to my stage in post 19, when I said "You are not required to make the additional reload according to the WSB." as there is only one required reload.