Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

dillon videos

Just got my new super 1050 and was wondering if the Dillon videos are worth getting. I have loaded on a 650 before I got the 1050

So I have experience reloading but I will need to do caliber change on the 1050 and was wondering if the video will help.

I found the Dillon video worthwhile but I had no prior reloading experience and any info was helpful. The tech in the video mentions one or two things that arent very clear in the manual. I had the lap top set up on the reloading bench and just followed along step by step setting up the machine. The machine is about 90% ready to go so set up was not too difficult.

The video is pretty specific as far as setting the machine up but it is pretty vague when it comes to ammunition production. Kind of makes sense because there are too many variables when you consider calibers, bullet types, powders, primers etc, than there is probably a liability factor if they start setting up ammo for a specific crimp/OAL/whatever and someone like me with know experience follows it.

Regards the caliber change there is info but I didnt really access it after watching it once. I will be doing a caliber change in the future but right now I want to learn with what I have. Ii will be breaking out the video to help me with the switch.

For $19 its not bad reference. You may find a member that is set up with no intention of changing his setting willing to part with one. Ive seen that happen before.

Edited by pmclaine