Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

El Prez Tips

1. The key to the turn and draw is the head snap. Snap the head as aggressively as possible and see the first target ASAP.

2. Your splits and transistions should be the same, or very similar. the targets are close together.

3. Oh yeah, when you get going fast, don't miss.

Here's a 3.56 el prez with a mike: 3.56 with a mike

I got a good draw on this one, 1.02 which is what made it faster than this one:3.69 down 2

This one was 1.12 on the draw, .94 on the load, and .15s, 16s, and 17s for the splits and trans.

T1 3a 1 c

T2 4a

T3 3a 1c

The other thing that I try to do is shoot the first pass before I get settled, then I settle during the reload. It's worth playing with to see if it helps.

I think the 3.4s are doable with a sub-one first shot...I'll keep working on it. :)

SA

Yes I do. Actually, it evolved in dry fire (big surprise) I do a drill where I turn and just acquire a sight picture without pulling the trigger. In wanting to get on target asap, I found myself turning less and less before seeing the dot on target. The step in the reload is just the turn finishing itself up.

I wasn't aware of how pronounced the step is til I watched these back. I always thought it was just a little shuffle...guess it's more than that. :)

SA

sorry about the cheesy grin at the camera after the 3.56, that one surprised me. :)

Bruce,

I'm glad you like them. When I was starting out, I wanted more than anything to see more experienced shooters do the things I was working on...what I learned was that there was nothing magical about any of it, it just needed to be developed.

btw, the gun is an ancient Caspian with a brand new schuemann hyrid barrel and EGW "Tomasie/McClearn" comp. I love that gun. Truly, madly, deeply. :)

There's a pic in this thread:caspian photo

Duane,

Separating the turn and draw from the elprez itself will really teach you how YOU turn best. Do a regular turn and draw, but draw to a sight picture and DON'T pull the trigger. If we pull the trigger, we risk mashing the trigger to beat our par goal.

Good Luck,

SA