Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

L-10-- Single Stack or Wide Body?

TriggerT

I am a C in both Limited and Limited 10. I am less than a percentage point away from B in Limited and I drop a couple percentage points in L10 lately but still in the mid-50s.

I shot a STI Trojan .45 in L10. Nice single stack.

I use a STI Edge .40 in Limited. Built by Kodiak.

I like the feel of a single stack-mostly because that is what I have the longest time shooting. The wide body is ok but I just do not have enough gun time on it.

So I had a Scott grip put on the Edge. I really like the way it feels.

This years nationals should be interesting in L10. I suspect even more folks will switch to a wide body away from a single stack.

L-10: B-class

Fat Fee .40 STI Edge

Just made class with my Limited STI, but can't wait to go play L-10 with my Colt Special Combat Government (with all STI internals and Briley barrell with spherical bushing).

See you at A6!

I shoot a Springfield Trophy Match in .45. in A class. I made M limited with a Glock, back in the day. While shooting the Area 2, we had just under 50 L-10 shooters, and I talked to alot of L-10 shooters who have or are going to make the switch to the widebody guns. All said it is eaiser to load. Steve Hendricks told me that he was the hi single stack finisher at the Factory gun nationals, at 16th or 17th (I can't remember for sure), he felt the wide body gun was much eaiser to load.

I am having a Hi cap gun built, but it will be my Limited gun. I will keep shooting the single stack in L-10

Steve

L10 - C Class, Single Stack Colt Gold Cup Trophy, with McCormick Mags 45ACP.

CM mags are available, cheap, and very reliable making it easy to get started in L10.