Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safety Slap

dagger10k

I hope not. :(

As far as the detent, that could be improved, but it won't fix this problem per se. I could still push the safety up a bit. Isn't this what would usually happen when you drop the hammer with the safety up a bit?I haven't done it too many times. Hopefully nothing is too badly damaged yet. I'll remove more metal from that safety to make sure it cannot happen.

yes, it will push off, I would not worry about that part just the fact the safety is up in the first place which sounds like you fixed.

Sounds like yu need some safety, trigger, sear hammer work. They safety should have a detent. that gives it a pretty positive click on and off, I also dont use ambi safeteys and have never had an issue at a match where I missed one.

While we are at it, can you guys have a quick look at these pictures? Is this normal, or would this be considered frame battering? The recoil spring in this gun feels pretty light. Just wondering if I should switch it out before I shoot it.

First pic shows a little peening but it really depends on round count as to whether it's abbynormal.