Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gripsize to small?

Loki999

Hi all,

I've been shooting my new SVI IMM with a signature series grip and I love the gripangle and that you grap it higher than a normal grip.

The only thing I realy miss is on the left side of the grip my left hand doesn’t make contact with the metal because the grip is smaller than a normal size plastic grip.

Does anyone know how much smaller this grip is, i have changed the lenght of my trigger

What would you do? Change to a large ss grip or put a form of epoxy on the signature series?

What's more important, more flesh on the left side or the high grip?

What kind of epoxy for (nitrated) steel?

Best regards Patrick

Hi all,

I've been shooting my new SVI IMM with a signature series grip and I love the gripangle and that you grap it higher than a normal grip.

The only thing I realy miss is on the left side of the grip my left hand doesn’t make contact with the metal because the grip is smaller than a normal size plastic grip.

Does anyone know how much smaller this grip is, i have changed the lenght of my trigger

What would you do? Change to a large ss grip or put a form of epoxy on the signature series?

What's more important, more flesh on the left side or the high grip?

What kind of epoxy for (nitrated) steel?

Best regards Patrick

First thing I would recommend is to call or email Brandon at SVI and let him know what is going on, I'm sure he will have suggestions on how to help you. http://www.sviguns.com/3000.php :cheers:

Patrick,

Did you get the pictures I made from Kris while we where at Juergen?

The best solution is to eat some more hamburgers. 2 benefits with chubby hands your better able to grip the complete gun.

The most important benefit, it will be easier for me to keep up with you when i make the transfer to open :roflol:

Frank

ps My gun wasn't in the batch Juergen received.

Brandon mailed me and told me that there is only a difference of 2 mm, beteen the frames.

And he has a solution where i can drill 2 holes and put epoxy on the frame

cool, I would be interested in hearing the details and how it works out for you. :cheers:

Hi Peter,

He also told me to try a large frame, how that compares with the signature. and if looks aint a problem i should try the epoxysolution.

You can have a look on the double alpha site for 3 instruction-movies for the details on how to aply.

Hi Peter,

He also told me to try a large frame, how that compares with the signature. and if looks aint a problem i should try the epoxysolution.

You can have a look on the double alpha site for 3 instruction-movies for the details on how to aply.

Do you have a link for that? I couldn't find it. Thx.