Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First DQ given

EkuJustice

And the example of the guy carrying when he shows up is almost EXACTLY what happened to me at my first match.

I was still active duty LEO when I show up, of course, carrying my issue Glock which I intend to shoot.

It seemed like a couple of the guys there delighted in informing me of my faux pas and that I should now be DQ'd.

I did not understand as I had not been advised by the guy who had invited me to come out that I should show up without loaded firearms.

Fortunately the MD was a retired cop and knew why it happened and he had a quiet word with the guys and told me to go back to my car and unload and then return.

If I hadn't been determined to get into competitive pistol shooting AND if the MD had been as much of an a-hole as the other guys were I probably would have gotten into my car and never returned.

I understand there are rules that must be enforced but theres a way to tell someone they're wrong which makes them thank you and a way to tell them that makes you want to strangle them.

New people should be mentored and there should be provisions for every match for what to do if a total new guy just shows up.

This would help with the guys who shoot once and never return.

Realize also that the one guy who never comes back tells X # more friends,family,coworkers, etc about his negative experience and the sport loses more .

JK