Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

caspian trik trigger

calvary45

I just installed a caspian trik trigger in my gun, replacing a sti trigger. The only problem that i have with the trigger is that it does not have any tabs to adjust for pretravel and it has alot more than i like. Is there any other way to reduce the pretravel on a 1911 without the taps on the trigger bow. Thanks

I have cut my own tabs using a dremel with tiny cut-off wheel and once with litle coping saw (maybe the same thing as jewlers saw?). It is also possible to build up a little jb weld on the front of trigger bow and file till perfect. It always creeps me out having jb weld that can fall out and cause a malfunction so I would cut tabs if I were you.

I have cut my own tabs using a dremel with tiny cut-off wheel and once with litle coping saw (maybe the same thing as jewlers saw?). It is also possible to build up a little jb weld on the front of trigger bow and file till perfect. It always creeps me out having jb weld that can fall out and cause a malfunction so I would cut tabs if I were you.

I am a carpenter by trade(before the military), i had never heard of a jewelers saw before. After doing some research it is really no different from a coping saw. I can get just as thin blades for my coping saw as you can for a jewelers saw. I not that fond of the jb weld trick(although was tempting). I will attempt to cut tabs or drill frame for a set screw after double tap ranch, havent decided which yet, although im leaning more towards cutting tabs in the bow(its the cheaper part).