Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sparta, IL USPSA local match Saturday, May 28th

Hi all,

We're having a local match at the World Recreation and Shooting Complex in Sparta, IL on Saturday, May 28th. Our normal 3rd Saturday (the 21st) schedule got bumped because of the CAS'er's Illinois state championship match. So it is this Saturday, yes, I know, Memorial Day weekend.

With gas close to 4 bucks a gallon, you can't really afford to take a vacation this weekend. :devil:

So come shoot our match this weekend instead. ;)

It will be 5 regular stages plus a classifier stage. I am still working on putting the stage diagrams together, so I don't have a round count yet. Ya'll know me and my rules of thumb...just ASSume that the 5 stages are going to be 32 round field courses...so bring 200 rounds with you...and you'll never have to worry about running short. :D

Sign up should start around 8:30 A.M. Hopefully, be shooting by 9:30 to 10 A.M. The match fee is $20, unless of course you can come out on Friday to help set up. Then you only pay $6.

I started a facebook page for our new club. Just try doing a search for "SpartaUspsa" to see if it pops up. I probably goofed when I created that new facebook account by not calling it a business. I think I could have gotten a www.facebook DOT com forward slash SpartaUSPSA URL link then. Darn.

Stay tuned in the future for our very own website.

See you Saturday! :cheers:

You missed a good match.

You shoulda been there.

:roflol:

We had 38 or 37 shooters yesterday.

The IL DNR/World Shooting Complex folks were nice enough to donate some prizes or schwag. So we had a random drawing via raffle ticket at the end of the match. About 8 shooters walked away with some "chatchkeys".

Nope, sorry, no guns...but hey it was a surprise for us for them to donate stuff to just a local club match...and well, hey, walking away with free stuff is ...well..".better than a poke in the eye".

Thank you IL DNR/WSC. :cheers:

Glad you guys made the trip down from Springfield. Thanks for coming!

I'm not making any promises here but since Area 5 is the same weekend as our match (June 18th), I am going to try to move our match to the 25th instead. I'll make a few phone calls to the IL DNR/WSC folks tomorrow.

If I can't get it moved I'll just plan on having ten to fifteen fewer People there on the 18th. Darn...

Because of the Area 5 match going on at PASA Park, we are moving the match in June to Saturday the 25th. Hope to see you all there. And I am keeping my fingers crossed that the weather cooperates again.

Oh...one other thing, just to let ya'll know the .22LR rifle prone guys will be out there that morning of the 25th on the northside of the berm shooting to the south.

we will be on the south side of the berm just like usual.

as pictured above, that is pretty big berm. I don't think a .22 is going to make it through. conversely, I am thinking that our rounds aren't going to penetrate it either.

if any of you guys and gals think that is not safe, let me know, would you please???

just thinking ahead, if there is too much apprehension about that we only have two other options:

A. move the match back to the 18th.

B. or shoot in the afternoon of the 25th

If it is not raining...storming down rain, then we'll all be out there in the middle of the hottest part of the day on the 25th if we start in the afternoon. :unsure:

if it rains say like on Friday the 24th or Thursday the 23rd, there is a pretty good chance that the .22LR rifle prone guys won't even show up because it will be too wet or muddy to shoot prone.