Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 Casefeed arm not lining up with casefeed bushing

It worked fine for the last 5,000, but all of the sudden, it won't.

If it would push over the casefeed bushing another 1/16" it would line up perfect.

What am I missing here?

It worked fine for the last 5,000, but all of the sudden, it won't.

If it would push over the casefeed bushing another 1/16" it would line up perfect.

What am I missing here?

Is the triangular shaped Delrin piece eroded where it contacts the arm, or the vertical rod? Did some screws that set it's distance loosen up?

If you still have your machine manual refer to it. The case insert insert slide cam (black plastic triangle facing you on right side of machine) can be adjusted in or out by loosening the adjustment bolt and moved to the left enough to push the casefeed arm inward enough to drop the cartridge. Don't know what happened but this is the adjustment to get it right again. Maybe the adjustment bolt is loose.

Pat

Thanks fellas!

You know, it's funny when you spend 15 minutes looking at something trying to figure it out.

Then you go to ask for help, get a drink of water, walk back out to the shop, and see what you need to see from across the room, walk over, and fix it in about 5 seconds.

A piece of brass had fallen into the crack by the casefeed arm, and I had pushed the adjustment out of line a bit. :blush: