Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hardball is on the comeback.

Well folks, even though I am not asking a particular mental question, I just have to say this.

Over the last two years I have beat myself into a stupor trying to figure out why I burnt out the way I did. After two years of rereading BE's book, Plaxco's book, and just taking it as it comes (life) I have recently "started" shooting again.

During my recent outing at the Fl. State match I noticed something that should make BE grin at least. Nothing, and I mean nothing, has changed in the visualization and calm that I used to know. My response has changed due to the neglect of practice, however, the visualization that I have learned from the book, and all of your input has stuck around, even though it wasn't used. I shot a good match for having not played the game in two years.

Thanks to all of you who support one another here and on the range. It truely makes the self torture worth it again. So, as competitive as I am, I will once again be pursuing the highest level I can reach.

DVC :D

HARDBALL!?!?!?! Welcome back - didja bring my 'vette :wub:

Seriously though, I am damned glad to see you. You hit that burnout wall the hardest of anybody I've ever seen and I'm GREATLY relieved you lived through it and even came back to shooting.

There comes a point, when one is as competitive as I was two years ago, that the insanity of pure drive and emotion take over. I now know that I had lost sight of what was really important, which was the fun of the sport.

While every match I shot was fun, I was not having the fun of "Wow, that was cool." That was replaced with "Damn, I could have done this or that better, and man was I slow."

Dirtypool will tell you, two years ago, as a B class limited shooter, I was shooting right beside his M scores most of the time. The thing I lacked, which I know now, is consistency. Consistency comes when one relaxes even though he/she makes a mistake. I can, after two years of just doing mostly nothing but SCUBA diving and sitting back on my fat behind, now just relax and enjoy the rythm and rhyme of simplicity.

I have goals for my shooting again, however, those goals are no longer the driving force to my competitiveness.

By the way, Dirtypool, should you read this, I will be chasing you again. Hope your OCONUS status doesn't make you too soft. :rolleyes: The Vette is on it's way to the hardchroming shop. Should be ready in a year or two. :D

• 9 months later...

Just stumbled on this one brother, only about 9 months after the fact.

Good to hear you are shooting again.

I will be home Feb 10-27 and hope we get to shoot together. I am already practicing my ass off so I don't get run over by a sand bagging "B" with a single stack.

Come on down to the FL Open and say hello. I should also be at Malibar and CFRPC's monthly matches.

• 1 month later...