Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon Accupoint and Target Knobs

David Benzick

I ran into a guy at the SMM3gun who said he had used a Stoney point type target knob on his Trijicon Accupoint. He didn't know who made the target knob as is was well worn and used when he picked it up.

One of the weaknesses of the Accupoint is that with a 200 yard zero, shots past 300 yards have too much hold over for a post type reticle. If you could crank in the elevation with a target knob things these longer shots would be easier.

The problem is that Stoney Point only makes target knobs for Leopold, Burris and Simmons scopes and they don't know if any of those will work with the Accupoint. I'll be measuring threads, coin slot depth and width etc. tonight but if anyone here has some experience with this it would save me some trouble.

Thanks

My Accupoint is two years old. I'm not sure I understand what you refer to as regular.

My scope has caps covering the adjustment knobs. The adjustment knobs have a (coin) slot used to crank in elevation and windage.

Is your scope different?

Thanks

My Accupoint is two years old. I'm not sure I understand what you refer to as regular.

My scope has caps covering the adjustment knobs. The adjustment knobs have a (coin) slot used to crank in elevation and windage.

Is your scope different?

My scope has threaded caps as well, once you remove the caps the knobs can be moved just with your fingers, there is no slot. The only downside perhaps to them as far as I can tell is that they are not very tall, probably on the order of .5in or so. If you go over to ar15.com and search for accupoint on the ar15 forums there is a recent thread with some pictures of them.

Hey David, the one I'm selling adjusts the same way rtr's does. Basically, if you pull 'em up, they swivel freely and allow you to set whatever you've zeroed at as "0" on the dial. You can then click away from there (after you've pushed the knob back down). :)