Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Patterns from a 24" non-ported mossberg 930

stoked4AA

I appreciate every forum post that inspired and helped build my 930. These patterns have been shot from a 24" non-ported factory barrel with a Briley extended IC Choke. The barrel has a fiber optic front sight and no rear sight.

Buck shot patterns have been shot with 9 pellet buck shot Rio low recoil, Winchester Ranger low recoil, and Federal LE Flight control Low recoil were shot standing at 25 YDS. I placed a sticker with "R" over Rio shot, "W" for Winchester, and no sticker for Federal. A one inch dot was used as an aiming point.

Average group size of tightest 5 pellets for Rio was 7" Winchester and Federal were 4" as you can see the Winchester and federal both grouped about the same for best 5 pellets however the flight control really shined when it came to keeping the last 4 pellets close to the group.

The slug target was shot with Winchester Ranger Low Recoil slugs it is an ICORE target painted for near and far. 4" black center. Shots were fired standing from 50 yds. 10 shots, no misses, cold barrel. First time with slugs in the gun (about two months ago) so you can see that my first 2 shots were high. I know that from a bench I could easily shoot 3-4" 5 shot groups at 50 yards.

At this time gun has about 100 buckshot 60 slugs and 800 bird shot through it. Some light primer strikes with cheap remington ammo no other complaints.

I have a Benny Hill trigger Job and C-rums slotted lifter this gun is very fun to shoot. post-28297-090215500 1303963601_thumb.jp

post-28297-030323300 1303963565_thumb.jp

post-28297-018305100 1303963579_thumb.jp

Hmmm a Benny trigger job. What's Benny getting for a trigger jobby?

And what is Jeff charging to do the lifter?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Just goes to show, how different barrels pattern, the the same ammo

DSC01870.jpg

Hmmm a Benny trigger job. What's Benny getting for a trigger jobby?

And what is Jeff charging to do the lifter?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Just goes to show, how different barrels pattern, the the same ammo

DSC01870.jpg

Is that with the stock 18" SPX Tactical barrel?