Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Roger's Magic Dust

ddpenn

I picked up some of roger's magic sizing dust from king shooters supply. Has anyone used this before? If so I am interested to know how to best apply so as not to waste any since the bottle is small and a bit pricey.

- thanks

I picked up some of roger's magic sizing dust from king shooters supply. Has anyone used this before? If so I am interested to know how to best apply so as not to waste any since the bottle is small and a bit pricey.

- thanks

What is it supposed to do?

- thanks

Use it to lube inside of case necks. Get it for $1 an once at http://www.ballisticproducts.com/Mica-Wad-Slick-can_8-oz/productinfo/MICA/

Larry

- thanks

Its a dry lubricant for resizing cases. I have heard that it really reduces the force needed to operate the press and makes things go smoother.

- thanks

Its a dry lubricant for resizing cases. I have heard that it really reduces the force needed to operate the press and makes things go smoother.

Midway used to sell this little plastic stand with a bunch of different sized brushes for this. You'd dip the case neck in the powder and then shove it down onto the brush which would then remove the excess. Might try one of the RCBS, Lyman type brushes for this.

Mica has been used to lube the inside of case necks for probably over 100 years, not much of a secret. If you are using Dillon dies for bottle neck rifle calibers they already use a carbide expansion button and don't require any lube on the inside of the case neck. I have a jar of mica I got from Midway that I use when I'm loading most of my bottle neck rifle calibers, the only rifle caliber I reload on the Dillon is 223/5.56, the other calibers aren't loaded in bulk so I don't have Dillon dies for them.