Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Manually Operated RIfle side match at NWMGC

I haven't seen a MOR match included in a 3 gun match since the 2006 MG Nationals so being a new bolt gun owner, I asked if any of the shooters that have signed up for the Northwest Multigun Challenge would be interested in an MOR match. I got enough interest to give it a go, so we are going to do a MOR side match concurrent with the regular match. Shooters will run a stage with their regular gear and then come back a little later, while their squad is still on the stage, and shoot a modified course of fire for their bolt guns. A total of 5 stages will make up the MOR match, with 3 stages being steel at 200 yards or more and 2 stages being shorter shots on paper. We are limiting the squads to 10 shooters so this shouldn't slow down the match too much. I've included an MOR rules section in the regular match rules and copied them below. I have not run or shot an MOR match and want to be sure I'm not wildly off base. Constructive comments are appreciated.

Doug

5.6 MANUALLY OPERATED RIFLE – Side Match

5.6.1 Manually Operated Rifles used in the side match can be of any configuration as long as they do not reload themselves automatically. Bolt, pump and lever action guns are acceptable and any autoloading gun that has the autoloading feature disabled, such as an AR-15 with the gas shut off, so that it must be cycled by hand to load fresh ammunition.

5.6.2 There is no minimum caliber but magnum rifles are prohibited.

5.6.3 There are no optic restrictions. Guns may have multiple optics and/or iron sights.

5.6.4 Supporting devices (bipods, etc.) are permitted, and may begin any stage folded or deployed at the participant’s discretion. No porcupines or other devices that could damage props.

5.6.5 Regular match stages with modified stage instructions will be used for the MOR match. Only rifle targets will be used and there will not be any shotgun or pistol transitions. Shooters must follow the modified stage instructions and all scoring and penalties will be in accordance with Section 6 – Scoring.