Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Redding Comp die came apart.

I shelled out the bucks for the Redding dies, and they are nice.

Loading this past Friday for the FL State Match the press kinda “sprung” back down, like with no resistance. It turns out the little sizing ring in the decap / size die, came loose, and attached itself to the piece of brass it was sizing!!!

I thought about lok-titing it back in but it won’t even fit back where it goes!!!

Anyone else ever had this happen? I am going to send the whole set back to Midway, and ask for replacement.

Just one of those things I guess.

I had the sizing ring break in a Lee FCD and also in a RCBS sizing die. The carbide ring in both those cases were more along the lines of shattering. Both were well used, not brand new so I just got new dies.

Redding has a lifetime warranty, so you could send it directly to them.

Lifetime Warranty

All Redding Reloading Equipment has been carefully inspected prior to shipment and is fully warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for life. SAECO products that are now manufactured by Redding will carry our same warranty.

Any product or parts which prove to be defective will be replaced or repaired without charge if returned prepaid to the factory.

Note: We reserve the right to decline responsibility where misuse or careless handling is evident or where repairs or modifications have been made or attempted by others.

Redding Reloading Website