Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Larue RISR

Has anyone used the Larue RISR (reciprocating inline stock riser). I'd like to put a riser on my CTR stock and the RISR looks like the ticket, but what keeps it from reciprocating when you're shooting?

Now Mike, you're going to kick yourself after thinking about this. The charging handle on an AR-15 doesn't reciprocate during shooting . . .

Right, but the concept is that the riser moves or reciprocates if you have to charge the handles to clear a jam or load a round at the start of the match so that the riser doesn't interfere with the charging handle when you need to pull it.

Edited by StephensOutdoors

Right, but the concept is that the riser moves or reciprocates if you have to charge the handles to clear a jam or load a round at the start of the match so that the riser doesn't interfere with the charging handle when you need to pull it.

Yep, that's right. So why would it reciprocate while you're shooting? :huh:

Yep, that's right. So why would it reciprocate while you're shooting? :huh:

It has absolutely no connection to the charging handle and is simply a sliding bed on top of the mounting platform held in place by springs. Why would it not be able to reciprocate?

To the OP the RISR works well for adding height to the cheek weld but IME occasionally it does move while shooting. Not much and not something that in my mind overrides the added height if you need it, but there is movement none the less. That being said, god forbid you have facial hair..... :devil: