Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cleaning Brass

Do the dryer sheets really work?

The dryer sheet really does work. I've found it does two things; 1. keeps the dust level down when you open the tumbler and dump into the media separator, and 2. keeps a lot of crap out of the media making it last longer/more effective.

Each time I pull the dryer sheet out after running the tumbler it's very dark and dirty, so it's definitely pulling stuff out of the media during the tumble.

+1 and....Welcome to the forum! I see that the above was your first post!

Thanks!

Edited by AnthonyL

For those that use walnut. Do you get dust left on your brass like cob can leave?

I find myself forever wiping the cob dust from my brass after tumbling. I havent tried

the dryer sheet trick yet.

Also, how efective is walnut at cleaning the primer pockets?

Thanks.

For those that use walnut. Do you get dust left on your brass like cob can leave?

I find myself forever wiping the cob dust from my brass after tumbling. I havent tried

Thanks.

Have you tried adding mineral spirits to your corn cob media? I spray some on mine while its running and I don't notice any dust at all.

Do the dryer sheets really work?

The dryer sheet really does work. I've found it does two things; 1. keeps the dust level down when you open the tumbler and dump into the media separator, and 2. keeps a lot of crap out of the media making it last longer/more effective.

Each time I pull the dryer sheet out after running the tumbler it's very dark and dirty, so it's definitely pulling stuff out of the media during the tumble.

+1 and....Welcome to the forum! I see that the above was your first post!

Thanks!

I have found that dryer sheets slow the the vibratory speed if you load up the bowl with cases and media.

+1 on the dryer sheet. saw a fella on youtube doing it and gave it a try. Keeps the media clean. I also use the dillon polish. My latest observation is that my frankford arsenal has more action with the lid off. Maybe i have too much media????

Thanks.

Have you tried adding mineral spirits to your corn cob media? I spray some on mine while its running and I don't notice any dust at all.

Ill try that.

Thanks.