Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

180 Rule

Mark R

Then again...we had the shoot-house at PASA with no 180 ...??

Granted, I've only shot the PASA dark house twice, but the wall with the front door worked pretty well as a 180.

I recall "there was no 180" ? This was the first couple of years they had it (at the Nationals).

Troy might better recall how they handled that? (Or Jay, if he is around?)

Would an RO on a stage with no 180 get hazardous duty pay??

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For our Opening Poster's questions...

The rule appears to define the backstop per STAGE.

He is looking to run multiple stages within a bay. So, each stage could define the backstop for that particular stage (I'd suggest an eye toward overall safety...I'd be most worried about shooters that are down range on the 12 o'clock stage).

Kyle...safety is a concern on our range. We would NOT allow anyone shooting on stage 2 (edited: the 12 o'clock stage)if anyone was on stage 3 or 1. We do sometimes shoot stage 1 and 3 simultaneously with backstops in opposite directions...stage 1 backstop facing west, stage 3 backstop facing east. This was the first time I set up stage 3 in that direction...and only because all targets were on right side of shooting areas with backstop implied to be same as stage 2.

Edited by Mark R

Then again...we had the shoot-house at PASA with no 180 ...??

Granted, I've only shot the PASA dark house twice, but the wall with the front door worked pretty well as a 180.

I recall "there was no 180" ? This was the first couple of years they had it (at the Nationals).

Troy might better recall how they handled that? (Or Jay, if he is around?)

Believe me, there was a 180. Jay wouldn't let that slide. That house is square, so front to back it's parallel to the back of the house.