Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading for Glock 27

jmoney

I've been worried about overcharges and setback issues, so I push through resize on EGW die and Power Pistol - I followed most of the directions from CHA-Lee's EAA Witness Reloading post.

165 gr Precision Delta .40

5.7gr of Power Pistol (This shoot POA-POI... and fills the case more than 1/2 full)

CCI or Tula primer

mixed cases

1.135"

after.jpg

(25 yard SLOW fire...)

I'm going to set up the press tonight and start with a group of 50 rounds.

And you may make GM with the kinetic hammer tomorrow! :rolleyes: What if the load is too low and won't operate the slide? What if the load is too high and shows pressure signs? My friend, 50 rounds is a HUGE number of rounds for an unknown load.

6.0 Grains power pistol 180gr FMJ Montana Gold, OAL 1.125

Why not do 10 rounds at 6.0gr, 10 at 6.2gr, 10 at 6.4gr and 10 at 6.6gr? Starting at 6.0gr, shoot each group at a new target. Then you can see the progression of the power and accuracy. Stop if you see pressure signs. The lowest load with the best accuracy is what your gun likes. Unload all the remaining rounds, and make notes of the load in your reloading notebook.

Any thing I need to watch out for when testing the rounds to determine if it is safe to keep this load?

Standard signs of over pressure. Your reloading manual will help you. It's now your best friend. Read it.

;)

do you have any problems with leading using the precision delta fmjs?

No, they are jacketed bullets. I hardly clean my guns - maybe once every 6 months or if they get wet (outdoor matches)

I know but the FMJs have an exposed lead bottom from MG right?

While precision deltas that I'm using (and most jacketed bullets for that matter...) have an exposed lead base, this doesn't lead to any issues.

I just put >2000 rounds through my new Glock 22 in a month. I didn't clean it from April 1st to April 28th.

At that point, I broke it down for inspection and to check wear patterns. Honestly it was dirtier from my powder than from the bullets...