Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dumb Question

skdmrklcy

I may pickup a Glock 17 with the RTF and Fish Gills, is this the Glock 17 RTF2 that is production Legal in USPSA? Or is this one not?

I tried to search but came up empty so I am sure I was looking up the wrong stuff.

Thanks!

As long as it's not externally modified, I don't see why it wouldn't be Production legal. They've definitely sold more than 500 models of the RTF2 guns, and the stippling came like that from the factory.

That being said... have you ever shot one of these? I'm all for positive grip, but RTF2 is so intense that it acts like velcro when you try to let it go! :devil:

I may pickup a Glock 17 with the RTF and Fish Gills, is this the Glock 17 RTF2 that is production Legal in USPSA? Or is this one not?

I tried to search but came up empty so I am sure I was looking up the wrong stuff.

Thanks!

Did you try looking up the USPSA Production Gun List? G17 RTF2 is listed:

http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-NROI-production-gunlist.php

As long as it's not externally modified, I don't see why it wouldn't be Production legal. They've definitely sold more than 500 models of the RTF2 guns, and the stippling came like that from the factory.

The 500 gun rule is for Limited, not Production. For Production, it's 2000 guns, the manufacturer has to submit a letter, and example of the gun to USPSA for consideration. R,

The 500 gun rule is for Limited, not Production. For Production, it's 2000 guns, the manufacturer has to submit a letter, and example of the gun to USPSA for consideration. R,

Ah, got them backwards. Thank you for the clarification.

I had looked but the RTF2 Confused me, I had it in my head that there was a RTF 1. I figured it out though, thanks for the help all!

I have not shot it, I have handled it and liked it. I am not sure I would like it rubbing skin in a IWB setup but other than that I have no issue with it.

So Far it feels better to me in hand than my 19 without the RTF2.

I really like the Gills just because it is different.

I just need to get some better sites on it, and get them installed. I am thinking just black on black charger sites from Dawson, or the Warren set.

The fish gills are great. On a normal Glock slide the cocking serrations extend to the bottom of the slide, making little saw teeth that can tear into your hand if you grip up too high. The fish gill slides don't have the saw teeth so Glock bite is not an issue.