Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mag pouches for SS

latech15

As corey stated, the shims that come with the CR Speed pouches are really not that great. There is a vendor here, that sells better spacers made to fit onto your cr speed pouches, for the cost of one 1911 mag pouch. I won't say the vendors name as to not break the Brian enos rules.

But the spacer kit is great for:

For the serious ss shooter who wants that extra edge, people have lost matches, and class wins by a Tenths of a point.

The weekend warrior who wants to shoot single stack that week, but doesn't want to spend $150 on new mag pouches. For $30 you can buy a 5pack of spacers and just change out your spacers on your pouches that you already own.

The spacers are cut at a 45degree angle to aid in feeding for table starts, where you have to put all the mags in your pouches at the start of the buzzer. Try doing that when your adrenaline is pumping and the clock is ticking. You wouldn't shoot a 1911 without a magwell, so why not have a funnel type effect for your mag pouch also.

The spacers have extra clearance for your thumb to get beside that magazine, when you reach for the magazine.

Your magazines will not dig into your ribs, since they are offset away from your body a little.

Those are just a few good things, the only downfall is they are not legal for IDPA

Now its up to you to find the vendor! LOL

With the Ready Tactical pouches being so slim, are people bunching them together? How well does this work on a CR Speed belt, where you need some velcro contact every now and then to prevent sagging? I'm coming over to SS from L10 with a H&K where I had four widely-spaced adjustable (2x 773 and 2x CR) pouches.

I put some "stick on" velcro on the pouches.

I guess I should update this thread. Someone emailed me a guy's contact info for homemade kydex pouches. I tried him and was thoroughly impressed. I ordered some for SS and some for my production rig.

cbuell77@yahoo.com is his email if you are interested.

Can we get some pics?