Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI TRojan 40S&W - how to make it run

TonyT

Well, I finally received the extra high mag catch from EGW and installed it - now the slide will not close where there kis a magazine in the well. Also I cannot seat some mags with the action closed. I believe a semi-high mag catch might work.

Is there a round in the mag?

You'll have to file the over insertion stop on the front of the mags for them to seat right.

Also make sure your not hitting the bottom of the ejector.

What mags are you using?

Just got my .40 Trojan back from Virgil Tripp and it will now run anything. Before, with 165gr flat-nose, it would nosedive using either a full 9-round or 10-round mag, but now runs like a champ with no issues! I can tell that he worked on the feedramp - so, based on what many others have said about that being the prime issue, that was the key for mine particular pistol.

I have been jusing Metalform and MecGar magazines which have functioned perfectly in my Dan Wesson. Where is V. Tripp located and how does one contact him? My best bet is to send it there to get it fixed once and for all.

Thanks to all for your helpfull replies.

I have been jusing Metalform and MecGar magazines which have functioned perfectly in my Dan Wesson. Where is V. Tripp located and how does one contact him? My best bet is to send it there to get it fixed once and for all.

I don't have enough posts to put up the link to their site, but if you google Tripp Research, then you will find it...or just put in .com after trippresearch and you will be good to go. B)

Simply call them and usually you will end up talking to Virgil, Shari (his wife) or Aaron. They are located in Texas...used to be in Alpine, but they have been in the process of moving to Bastrop, TX. I was lucky to get mine down there while Virgil still had everything he needed at their old facility, hence why it only was there for about 5 days and then back to me. Wait might be a little longer now that they are trying to get everything in one location, but you should call them to find out.

Hope that helps.

I don't have enough posts to put up the link to their site, but if you google Tripp Research, then you will find it...or just put in .com after trippresearch and you will be good to go. B)

Simply call them and usually you will end up talking to Virgil, Shari (his wife) or Aaron. They are located in Texas...used to be in Alpine, but they have been in the process of moving to Bastrop, TX. I was lucky to get mine down there while Virgil still had everything he needed at their old facility, hence why it only was there for about 5 days and then back to me. Wait might be a little longer now that they are trying to get everything in one location, but you should call them to find out.

Hope that helps.

JD,

Thanks, I'll contact him and get this issue resolved.

Tony

Mine was an early model so the first thing I did was call STI for an RA number and then sent the barrel back for their updated ramp cut. I am also running Wilson 47FX magazines with an EGW Higher Mag catch and it runs like a sewing machine.

Mine was an early model so the first thing I did was call STI for an RA number and then sent the barrel back for their updated ramp cut. I am also running Wilson 47FX magazines with an EGW Higher Mag catch and it runs like a sewing machine.

What was the serial range of your gun? Mine is TS 5655.

Tony

What was the serial range of your gun? Mine is TS 5655.

Tony

Serial number is TS 25XX

• 3 months later...

PROBLEM SOLVED

I wish to thank everyone for their valued suggestions. The EGW extra high mag catch did not solve the problem but I experimented with different mag catches and magazines and learned a lot. What worked for me was the suggestion from Roy Hess - I loaded the rouinds to an OAL = 1.18" and then used Metalform 10mm magazines - now it runs like a champ.