Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm major power pistol data

Too Eazy

I have been using it for awhile for production loads and I want to move to open and shoot major pf. I have a lot of it and like it so I want to keep using it. I found some power pistol data in the decade long thread here, but not muc on power pistol. So if anyone has worked anything up with POWER PISTOL help me out please. Will be using ranneirs or berrys 115's hp and can't go longer than 1.160.

Thanks, Mike.

Be careful with the plated bullets, most of the time you should not exceed 1200 fps with them. For a 115 and Major, you need to do 1440 fps so you might want to look at MG or Zero, or go Minor :)

Sorry I can't provide PP loads but I have some of it and haven't worked up anything yet either, would like to try it though...

Be careful with the plated bullets, most of the time you should not exceed 1200 fps with them. For a 115 and Major, you need to do 1440 fps so you might want to look at MG or Zero, or go Minor :)

Sorry I can't provide PP loads but I have some of it and haven't worked up anything yet either, would like to try it though...

Well what you said about plated bullets answers a problem I've been having so far. I've only tested to 7.0 grains so far with PP and Berrys 115 hp's ( just looking for signs of over pressure mainly) and accuracy started to get really bad at 6.7, 6.8 and is laughable at 7.0 I thought it might be col thing but what you say makes sense. Thanks! Have you tried Hornady hp XTP's? If so is there any velocity difference between them and the MG or the Zero bullets with all other factors being the same (powder, charge weight, primer, col etc)?

Thanks, Mike.