Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR Trigger Pole...I mean Poll

bagdrag

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Wilson TTU-3G trigger, but have some problems with hammer follow. Probably due to carrier bounce on JP-SCS, because if I put stock recoil system in, then no problem. Oh well, I just need to play with some springs for SCS (or just dump it) and my hack-saw AGR in my HK

Other trigger I use is..... Red Star Arms adjustable AK trigger. This one is like... WOW. Most of top line AR triggers do not even come close. Ah, yes, I do shoot AK style rifle (5.56 wz. 96 Mini Beryl) in 3Gun sometime.

Funny once I tried the AR Gold I made the switch. My AR Gold triggers are actually better than my 1911 triggers.

Crazy but true. Somehow the AR Gold trigger is better than my custom 1911 trigger.

I use Wilson TTU-3G trigger, but have some problems with hammer follow. Probably due to carrier bounce on JP-SCS, because if I put stock recoil system in, then no problem. Oh well, I just need to play with some springs for SCS (or just dump it) and my hack-saw AGR in my HK

Other trigger I use is..... Red Star Arms adjustable AK trigger. This one is like... WOW. Most of top line AR triggers do not even come close. Ah, yes, I do shoot AK style rifle (5.56 wz. 96 Mini Beryl) in 3Gun sometime.

Have you talked to Wilson about this. Maybe they can get it to work right with the JP-SCS.

Have you talked to Wilson about this. Maybe they can get it to work right with the JP-SCS.

Getting it sorted out by Wilson would be a problem, given where I live. Cost of shipping it back and forth would pay for new trigger. I just asked for same ideas on source of problem back on M4C and it seem that BCG bounce idea was spot on. TTU-3G has very short reset and short (or no at all) take up. This mean window for proper trigger reset is very narrow. If BCG is doing funny things and/or shooter is not holding trigger tight on recoil (for eg. when trying to be very accurate when zeroing or engaging LR targets), then hammer follow occurs. Actually it happened to me only once or twice in 1000 rounds on stages, while I can do it almost on demand shooting at leisure on the range. My rifle (14.5" HK MR223) cycles rather violently and JP recommends using springs for AR-10 version, so I can not blame either Wilson or JP for that. Not everything is designed or tested to work with everything else mounted in anything.

Edited by Montrala

Ooops! I didn't read where you lived and I can see the violent bounce back issue on a 14.5" HK and a JP-SCS. The SCS is a substitute for their LMOS buffer AFAIK and without an adjustable gas block (or heavier spring rate), I can understand the issues.