Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ICORE classification system

OK, the last time I checked (which was a couple years ago), you had to re-classify every year, or some such thing.

Now when I look at the ICORE website, it appears that classifications are continuing from year to year, and are suspended when the membership expires but reinstated when the membership is renewed. Is this correct?

From what I remember A shooter had to shoot 4 classifiers a year to maintain their classification. Now they have done away with that requirement. A snippit of the rule is as follows:

2. ICORE classification will be determined from the average score of the three best classifiers on record. To become ICORE classified in either Limited, Open or Classic division four classification stages must be shot and submitted for each division. The absolute top score will be disregarded for classification purposes.

3. Classifications will be reviewed on an annual basis and your classification depends on your membership being current.

So you are more than likely correct. later rdd

OK, the last time I checked (which was a couple years ago), you had to re-classify every year, or some such thing.

Now when I look at the ICORE website, it appears that classifications are continuing from year to year, and are suspended when the membership expires but reinstated when the membership is renewed. Is this correct?

You do not need to shoot four classifiers per year to remain classifier. The four classifiera year requirement was drop about five years ago.

If you would like a official ICORE answer send am e-mail to the Rules Director.

Rich Richards

ICORE CC

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Been shooting for a while, and still not sure about why this Lewis system is still used. One time, I shot very poorly and won B-class being master. I felt the only right thing to do, was giving my price to the guy who was otherwise high B.

Another thing ! At the local match level, one's classification doesn't really mean anything, and seems unfair to the newer shooters....Or am I complety wrong here.

Hi guys,

Been shooting for a while, and still not sure about why this Lewis system is still used. One time, I shot very poorly and won B-class being master. I felt the only right thing to do, was giving my price to the guy who was otherwise high B.

Another thing ! At the local match level, one's classification doesn't really mean anything, and seems unfair to the newer shooters....Or am I complety wrong here.

The rule on the Lewis system, is usually used when there are a lot of shooters not classified as opposed to classsified rather than everybody in unclassified.. ICORE is still not in many places and this give the Match Director an option based on his knowledge of the competitors. Yep got a B Class trophy one time on the same issues. I let the Match Dierctor know in advance so he could award the trophy to the next in line. later rdd