Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6 inch steel @ 13 yards with reload

Mat Price

pick it apart. I see a few things

set up was an A only steel IPSC target center @ 20 yards 2 six inch lolly pop steel at 13 yards left 1 4 inch loly pop steel @ 13 yards right. stage was a diamond with 15 yards between loly pops to force wide transitions.

My link

Work on your draw. It seemed as though you lost a significant amount of time getting on your grip and then getting it out of that ghost. Also wiggle your fingers at are you ready. Your fingers look very tense, wiggling them will help you relax.

Drive the gun out once its out. You were doing the scoop draw thing. It is slowing down your other hand joining the gun at the proper time, and then making your complete grip which slows down your first shot. Bring it up higher sooner and get your other hand on the gun sooner. A Gm buddy told me to slap myself on the chest during the draw and the "surprise" of contact will make you move quicker. It seemed to work. Try picking your front sight up when you are driving the gun out.

The reload dropped way down. A good way to keep it up is to stand at your reloading bench and then put a box in front of you. Not so high that you change your sight picture/arm position, but so that when you pull the gun back to reload, the box wont let you drop your hands. Bringing the gun closer to your during your reload will help. The closer it is to you the more control you have. Less rocking your body to the side on your reload. Practice those in front of a mirror and you will see what you are doing. Adjust your mag pouches if necessary. Your reload seemed to be about 2.5 seconds, you can drop that down pretty easy. Those are tough shots, but you can do it.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...