Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

chrony on revolvers

dajarrel

Hey guys,

I'm back with another question. I was checking pf on my 610 today in preparation for this weedends Alabama Sectional and came up with some disturbing results. I am shooting a MG 180 FMJ loaded to 1.15" over 5.8gr of V340 with Federal primers and various brass. The round shoots great and all my accuracy problems have been "shooter-induced"

My problem is that I am seeing some extream spreads of 80-90 fps. Anywhere from 890 to 980 fps. I can't think of anything to cause this although I just thought about the possiblity of the business end of the charge holes being a slightly different diameter.

Is this a problem inherent to revolvers or have I got a problem? Like I said, the gun shoots great. I just don't need any problems at the chrony stage at Alabama.

Thanks in advance

dj

Trust me, charge holes. You could number the holes, and shoot ammo through the same holes, and find your one that screws with your PF. They seem to all have them.

I remember thinking that SD with BlueDot sucked, since I would have up to 40fps less when chronoing pin loads out of my Mo. 27. We then shot the loads in a Coonan .357 and lo and behold, the loads were within 8-10fps of each other. Not the powder, but the charge holes. I had a 610 that had one hole that was 50fps off of the others. I feel your pain.