Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 8 Junior Camp

hf219

The camp will be two days, Saturday and Sunday. The students will be broken up into groups based on their age/ experience/ classification ect. The camp is geared towards the new junior competitor all the way to juniors that have competed in national championships.

We have several talented instructors donating their time for our juniors. Megan and Ron Francisco, Todd Sindelar, Matt Trout, Mike DiGennaro, Howard Thompson, Dean DeTurk, Kirk McWilliams and several other talented instructors will be teaching over the two days.

We will be teaching our juniors core skills used in our sport. Firearm safety, marksmanship, stage breakdown/planning, mental management/match day performance, sportsmanship & nutrition/excercise. We will also be offering them an opportunity to learn about multi gun. We will be providing the rifle/shotgun/ ammunition and be giving instruction on their function and use in our sport.

The cost of the camp will be $150.00, this will include your hotel (double occupancy) for Friday and or Saturday night (as needed), lunch at the range & A8 Junior Camp Shirt. You will need to send your application in with the camp fee to secure your slot. We only have 30 slots for the camp, so please send me an email to hf219@comcast.net indicating your interest in attending this years camp. I will send you further information regarding enrollment.

Parents we also plan on giving you something to do as well. We will be conducting various activities to keep you busy while your junior shooter attends the camp. You will also need eye and ear protection while on the range at all times (no exceptions).

For more information go to our Area 8 website.

https://sites.google.com/site/uspsaarea8/area-8-junior-camp

Edited by hf219

Is there an age limit? Experience limit? Caliber limit (Ie 22's)?

Thanks,

Steve

Steve, the age limit is anyone under the age of 18, Experience can be a new junior competitor to someone who has been to the nationals, caliber limit is 9mm to 45acp. So no Steve your too old to partake in this class, you certainly have enough experience and no you cant use your 50 cal Desert Eagle! LMAO. Seriously we cant use .22 cal, we will be doing various drills which will prevent their use. Send me an email and we can discuss further details. Thanks, Harry.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve, the age limit is anyone under the age of 18, Experience can be a new junior competitor to someone who has been to the nationals, caliber limit is 9mm to 45acp. So no Steve your too old to partake in this class, you certainly have enough experience and no you cant use your 50 cal Desert Eagle! LMAO. Seriously we cant use .22 cal, we will be doing various drills which will prevent their use. Send me an email and we can discuss further details. Thanks, Harry.

Thanks Harry. I was thinking of Travis but he is not ready for the 9mm yet. The 22 would work but I understand your reasoning. Perhaps his Glock airsoft? He has mags, holster belt, etc.

Oh...and his dad can paste targets faster than anyone this side of the Mississippi! :surprise:

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks Harry. I was thinking of Travis but he is not ready for the 9mm yet. The 22 would work but I understand your reasoning. Perhaps his Glock airsoft? He has mags, holster belt, etc.

Oh...and his dad can paste targets faster than anyone this side of the Mississippi! :surprise:

How old is Travis? Im sure if you can handle the 9mm he will be fine. Right Sugar Britches! This class would benefit him greatly. We will have a few juniors in the 10/11 age bracket. Kids excellerate through their learning fast, he may be ready by August. Let me know, Thanks Harry.

• 2 months later...

USPSA Junior Camp Scholarships

USPSA has a limited number of scholarships available to juniors for the three upcoming

Junior Camps that are being held. The three camps are the MGM, AMU & Area 8 Junior

camps. The scholarship awarded will cover your application fee to the camp.

If anyone is interested in attending any of the camps and would like to be considered

for a scholarship please send me an email indicating so. The camp dates are

MGM July 22 - 24, 2011/ Area 8 August 20 - 21, 2011/ AMU - TBD.

Due to the first camp dates being in July please send me an email by July 1st so we can

award the scholarships accordingly. Thank you.

hf219@comcast.net

• 1 month later...

We still have slots left for the Area 8 Junior camp. We have a great program lined up for our juniors. If you have a junior shooter this will be a great camp to attend, regardless of their experience!

• 1 month later...

Harry Foltz

‎2011 Area 8 Junior Camp was just incredible. We had 18 junior competitors. We would like to thank our sponsors for helping us with this event. MGM Targets, Greeley Custom, TechWear USA, Atlanta Arms & Ammo, Blade Tech, Sports Shooters Training, CPWSA, Shooters Connection, Brownells, Rescomp, Truck Vault, CED & Uniquetek. Without these great sponsors we could not have had such a great camp for our USPSA Junior's.

I want to also thank all of the instructors for donating their time. These guys and lady were just awesome! Its so great to see our area competitors come together and help teach our juniors about firearm safety & our sport. Thank you Megan & Ron Francisco, Todd Sindelar, Mike DiGennaro, Kirk McWilliams, Greg Jordan, Howard Thompson & Ben Thompson. You all did an incredible job, I know we are all looking forward to next years camp as are our juniors.