Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rules discussion on DTC stage

SteveZ

I'll say leave it as is -- but add an activating mechanism to reopen the port, perhaps a pullrope, that must be held to maintain the port open. Now there's a penalty for shooting the no-shoot popper, but it's possible for the shooter to finish the stage......

The other option would be to make the same targets available from another, less convenient position or positions....

I suspect perhaps the problem may have already been solved for us by the stage designers and maybe we overlooked it. I'm guessing to facilitate resetting the trap door...they may have installed a handle on the backside of it to grab it and raise it....that same handle could be used by the competitor to raise the trapdoor and play "peek-a-boo" while blasting the targets strong hand or whatever. So there is a way for the competitor to "fix" their screwup.

Stage is Legal and APPROVED! because You Can Open the trap Door Manually to reengage the Targets at YOUR discretion THUS not a disappearing target and you have control over the Hard cover. just like a doorway just because it shuuts does not mean the targets behind it are disapearing. this is the difference in this stage and the 2009 stage. (we learn from stuff)

Edited by scorch