Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

pro am steel load

sauza45

I just signed up for the PRO AM in july and need to work up a minor steel load for my EDGE. I have searched and could not come up with anything great. I load

N320 and MG 180 jhp I would like to keep with the MG 180 but I also have CLAYS. Would clays be good for minor loads or just stay with N320. I load long 1.220 so

not sure what power or charge would be best. If CLAYS will be safe at minor I might go with that. I think I will start at 2.5 gr with the Clays and 3.0 with N320. I am

looking to get about 140 pf I also have a 10# and 9# spring to play with also. Any thoughts would be helpful.

I use Solo 1000 3.5 gr for a 185 gr LRN.. nothing says you couldn't use a Jacketed with the same data.. might be a bit slower than the lead load, but I've pushed Solo 1000 to 4.4 with no pressure issues. It is likely you could go a bit lower and still be good to go stability wise.. I use 3.5 for about a 140 PF since the LRN I use is so long, any time I go under 750 fps, the bullet destabilizes. The Shorter HP you are using would likely be nice and soft at 700 fps.