Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hardest division to

Bill Schwab

Do you think it's hardest to achieve Master in SSR, or does the additional time compensate more than enough for the handicap?  For example, two shooters of equal ability, one shoots CDP, the other is a revolver guy, assuming they gain ability at the same rate which one will attain Master first?  

I know the classification times are adjusted for each division based on the equipment used, however I do not think they are accurately balanced.

Thoughts?

Bill

the hardest part about the revolver is the reloads, if you shoot just the revolver, i don't think it would be as hard to make master in.

we have a revolver master here... somewhere.... bill, where you been.! and he usually shoots as good, if not better with his revolver than he does his glock auto pistol.

The classifier is especially revolver friendly

simple 6 shot strings. no tac loads needed. so if your comfortable with the DA trigger, and can reload well, your good to go.

i think the hardest is between CDP and esp. not necisarily for everyone but for me CDP is the hardest because i am not used to the recoil of the gun.

I am a three gun Master, CDP, ESP and SSP. The hardest for me was SSP, because I shot it with a Beretta, compared to 1911 for both of the others.  Had to get used to the trigger on the Beretta. I think the times are pretty close.  It will almost always be harder in one division than the others because not too many auto shooters also are very proficient with revolvers and vice versa.  I will never find out how hard it is to be an SSR Master cause I don't own one much less claim to shoot one well.

For me CDP is the hardest. It is easiest with whatever trigger action you are used to shooting. I can switch back and forth between my S&W model 10 and my Glock 17 but then I can't shoot a 1911. A 1911 points low for me after shooting the others. I made Master SSP with a Glock, ESP with a HiPower and SSR with a Model 10 S&W. The best I have done on race day with a CDP 1911 is 94.xx. I guess I need a sloppy trigger to shoot well.

Bill Nesbitt