Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another 930 Turkey turned popper slayer

Nuke8401

Don't know about cutting the lifter.

But since the lifter pushes the shell up in front of the bolt so the bolt can catch it and drive it into the chamber I would think the less modfiction to the end of the lifter the better.

My 930, 24" turkey has always run everything from walmart bulk to slugs, no issues.

David E.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am having a few mods on my 930 done later this month, after the next 3-Gun match. I am having the loading port opened forward (as illustrated in post #12) and opening the lifter radius from side to side as Outsydlooknin75 described in post #50. Hopefully that will help speed up reload times, and keep my thumb from looking like hamburger...getting pinched like that is bad enough, but when you are hemophiliac it means you bleed at the range ALL DAY LONG!

• 1 month later...

I had the loading port opened forward, and it completely made the difference. No pinching during quick reloads, and the work was done cleanly. I think this shotgun is good to go for me now...until I get more serious about USPSA-sanctioned matches rather than local gun club matches. Perhaps by then the Miculek version will be readily available, or I can use the Kel-Tec KSG for heavy metal category.