Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FNP9 / Browning Pro9

IGOR

Hi folks,

In the market for my vry first handgun and although I have set my sights on a Glock 34 (gen4) I REALLY like to the look of the Browning Pro 9 (here in Europe we don't get the FNP-9 but it is the same gun). The looks are killer with the stainless slide and levers.

As the shortest distence that I shoot is 15meters (16,4 yards) I really wonder if I can hit the bullseye consistently. I'm almost getting there with a Glock 17 and CZ Shadow but those guns ahve longer barrels and more importantly longer sight radius. Anybody have any input on the accuracy of this gun? According to a website of 'the best 9mm' it ranks as #2

Thanks!

Regards,

Igor B)

Save yourself some money and effort. Paint doesnt make a car run and a guns looks have nothing to do with performance. There is a reason certain guns dominate shooting sports and other guns are nowhere to be found. Competition is a crucible, that which doesnt work is quickly cast aside while that which does rises to the top. Experimenting with new platforms is great but as a new shooter your better off starting with equipment that is tried and true.

Hi folks,

In the market for my vry first handgun and although I have set my sights on a Glock 34 (gen4) I REALLY like to the look of the Browning Pro 9 (here in Europe we don't get the FNP-9 but it is the same gun). The looks are killer with the stainless slide and levers.

As the shortest distence that I shoot is 15meters (16,4 yards) I really wonder if I can hit the bullseye consistently. I'm almost getting there with a Glock 17 and CZ Shadow but those guns ahve longer barrels and more importantly longer sight radius. Anybody have any input on the accuracy of this gun? According to a website of 'the best 9mm' it ranks as #2

Thanks!

Regards,

Igor B)

If you're in Europe go with the 17 over the 34 so you can shoot it in IPSC Production class. The Shadow is also a great choice. The FNP is a decent gun, but it isn't on par with the Glock or the CZ, IMO.