Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

reloading data for 9mm far

bassochist

The thread below is the running topic that most people use for 9mm minor power factor loads. You will find info on a myriad of powders (including VV), bullet weights, OALs, and primers.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=89264

There is also one located in that same forum for 9mm major loads but I am not going to list that since confusing the 2 would be bad news :) . If 9 major is what you are after (I suspect it isn't), I will let you find that one on your own.

The F.A.R. uses proprietary cases with a longer solid head, as I understand it, for use in a straight blow-back action. The use of a fixed barrel is supposed to increase accuracy (I assume the sights are on the barrel and/or frame and NOT on the slide.

Thus, there is no readily available load data. What data exists should come from Tanfaglio.

This seems to be a European-conceived of solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Best bet I would have would be to determine the internal volume of the case and find a 9mm cartridge with the same or smaller internal volume and start with that cartridge's starting loads and work up. I would "assume" that you might be able to start with the starting loads for 9x19 and work up.