Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

20 yard plate rack <_< .....

boooo - im shocked my 5 star-stage suggestion didn't pull through ... haha

It was a huge shock to me also :D

You shouldnt be on the computer Lee... If you expect to beat travis you should spend every minute for the next month with that gun in your hand.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking more about the local guys that werent there not you damn out of towners!!! :D

We shot at both the activators that I built and through the chair with the port on it(War wagon stage). That stage was setup up very similar to how it will be in space city. My tip on the seated shooting is not to move the chair to fast or it will over-travel on you. The other activators that I built worked good but one is getting heightened to prevent shooting into the ground as much. Instead of having a target behind it there is now going to be a no-shoot(not my idea) directly behind the plate. That stage will need some serious accuracy with a far plate rack and this no-shoot.

Easy Jeeper

I lived in Houston for 57 yrs and only moved in January...still consider Houston as a big cess pool of mostly unemployed, poorly educated, sometimes lawbreaking, highly aggitated, mostly grumpy, probably gun totin' citizens, so be careful how you talk about them.

I just spent 3 and a half years in southern California, I'm now back where I belong and trust me this is better, much better.

By the way Jeep nice job on the activators, my only problem is that the plates aren't bigger, or we could just move closer ;)

Can't wait for Space City, it'll be my first big match.

See you there,

Alan

hmm keith, ive been practicing daily - dryfiring, going to any match possible... if you look at the tss page, you can see that i shoot at least 2x a week

but that doesn't mean im ready yet - if i can figure out how i can practice the warwagon stage- i would... its a good prop - but i didn't get a chance to find stable positions to engage each paper accurately - hell i dropped 20 points on that stage @ BAPS - shot it @ 15 sec, but still 20 pts is a hell of a lot...

umm as far as plate racks - i think ill go do some of that too -

as far as beating travis - that isn't really my main goal - would be great though :D - me and him are still young and we've been shooting together for a few yrs now, so between us - theres really no pressure, its just who can execute each stage as planned, but he just called me today telling me he was gonna shoot tonight and intends to shoot both matches this wkend - so personally i think its how much focus u can keep in a match - and how much pressure u can undergo before actually winning one-

but don't get me wrong - i'll try my best :) this will be my first major match with an open gun

haha sharyn - i have SO many things to do from now to the end of may - it being my senior year in hs, i have endless applications and testings, not to mention - i need money :blink:

looks like im in a junior squad =] , but everyones a youth at heart right?

see everyone there

Lee

Not quite a junior squad, both Eddie Jimenea and I are both seniors.

Well Jeeper and I aren't anywhere near Seniors, but it still looks like a Seniors squad to me. :P And just because shred is in the Ladies Super Squad... well... ya know. :lol:

Awww, Lee, I'll pick up your next match fee... and you can fill out applications and study for tests between shooters. Ya see?!?! all your problems are solved! ;):P:D

Hey Jeeper:

Got some suggestions for your stage. Looks pretty neat as designed but you maybe didn't know we've got some pretty special targets available for the rack.

The Bermuda Triangle: bullets approaching one of these have been observed to depart from the Newtonian Frame. Uncalled, unexplained misses are the norm. This target was pulled from the American Handgunner match in 2000. I think the reason was funny physics.

The pesky popper: Looks like a regular popper at 100 yds. 'nuff said.

The killer Bee: Same size as the B-zone on the metric target.

You pick 'em. I can help.

Cheers,

Norm

Then there's a bowling pin, a stop sign, ....

i wanna whine about all this practice going on!!!! playing with props for the match

and knowing plate rack sizes?????? wwwwaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!. by the way, what size are the plates on the plate rack at 20 yds? Hee Hee! see you guys soon. trapr

awesome trapr is gonna be there!!

i tried practicing running under 4 feet (for the cooper tunnels) .... like 5 runs already made my thighs sore... im hoping i can get through those tunnels quick without fallin flat on my face

but yeah i agree w/ txag - this match seems more challenging - the differences in scenarios are definitely gonna be interesting come match day - as far as props go - last year was activator after activator - this year are buncha movers =]