Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Versa Max accessories...

Jeffdg

A few threads on the Versa Max by Remington...mostly talking about its existence.

While I realize it's a new gun so it may not be a great choice for 3-gun quite yet, I'm wondering if there are accessories available to "mod" the gun, specifically mag tubes and such.

Thanks, Jeff

Robbie Johnson was running one at the Ft. Benning 3-Gun. The threads supposedly (according to the Remington Rep at the SHOT Show) use the same threads as the Remington 870/1100/1187 so any tube for those guns should work. The safety seems like a decent size already. The bolt release is the same size and location as on the Benelli so that part should be the same. Charging handle I'm not sure on, but other than that it should be easy to set up for competition.

I really liked the look of Robbie's shotgun. Very similar to the Benelli but with the addition of two little pistons under the barrel for some gas assist. I'm really looking forward to shooting this one.

I got to play with Robbie's gun for a few minutes at Benning. Lighter than the FN or some of the Mossbergs I've felt. I only put 3 or 4 rounds through it but it felt pretty good. Recoil impulse felt a little sharper than my Benelli M2 but only slightly noticeable. It looks like it will be a good option.

From what I remember, the bolt release button looked very close to the Nordic Components one. I don't remember the mag tube having the usual Nordic cap, but I could be wrong. I don't remember if it had an extended bolt handle on it. Loading port was opened up a little. All the standard mods.

The extension tube that Robbie had on his Versa Max was a Choate and was the same extension used on the 1100/1187. His barrel was also a 26" barrel that was cut to 19.5" and was threaded for thinwall TruChokes. That shotgun has alot of promise. Lookout Salient.....the VersaMax is coming :ph34r:

I got to shoot one today at a buyers group range day.

very nice, low recoil impulse, it has the exact same threading for the mag tube as the 870/1100, 1187's (Just add a Nordic / DMW tube and clamp), I took the caps off the 870 and switched . . . . no problems

they do use a differnt trigger group from the old 1100's, 1187's. . . single pin.

word is that they are planning to offer a "Home protection model / competition model . . .soon.

i also shot their new version of the old 1100 Competition Master. now called the 1100 Competition Synthetic (applique carbon fiber look . . .like the benelli super sport) this one is said to like lite loads. did not get to put slugs or 00 buck into it though.

nice stuff.

Edited by Tyro Shooter