Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

minor injury and passing out

js82

I've suffered a several substantial falls and cuts, and while I once slipped into mild shock, I was awake the whole time (I just apparently didn't make a lot of sense). In fact, I remember marveling that the inside of my hand looked just like I thought it would when I had a deep cut to my hand. When I took a 50' fall off a bluff line, I managed to get up, dust myself off, and announce that I was OK.

On the other hand, when I give blood or get an IV, my head swims, the room gets dark, and I must look bad because nurses come running.

So much for being a tough guy.

I was a trauma nurse for 10 years and a corpsman on the ground in Iraq before that. I could paint a barn with blood. I guess it's all about what you get used to...

I have an AMT Backup 45... It's small and really aggressive. I cut my thumb at the base every time I shoot it. You'd think I would learn, but I fail to adjust my grip every time...

I never said I was smart...lol :devil:

I have been to the doctor once in my life (Born at home) and that was for a hernia repair last summer. I have broken my toe by dropping a 3500 lbs pipe puller on it and still finished my day of work, two months later the toe got infected and I pulled bone chips out by making small cuts with a hobby knife and soaking it in epson salt and peroxide. I had a peice of metel the size of a .22 cal bullet break off and stick into my arm as deep as the bone and got some tweezers and pulled it out and badaged it up and returned to work. I have cut myself to the bone twice without issue but once I was helping my dad drill some steel sheating when he slipped off the screw head and right into my thumbs knuckle area. I turned white and almost passed out. It is weird how some things will make a weezy while more serious stuff leaves us ok. Maybe I am prone to dumb things, LOL