Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 Recoil Spring

PBristolJr

Here's my setup at the moment, Glock 34 gen3 with FO front sight, magwell, and a different extended mag release.

Locally I've been buying cases of 9mm for 219 out the door, which seems like a good price to me, I'd like to get my recoil down a little bit and it seems the most popular spring is the 13# but mostly for reloads? I have reloading equiptment but it's set up for .45 acp at the moment.. Any help would be appreciated, I also plan on grip taping the gun soon. Thanks!

Hello: I use a 13lb ISMI recoil spring for factory loads as well as reloads. I also use a 4lb Wolff striker spring so it goes bang all the time. The 13lb spring makes the pistol have less flip and is reliable. The 11lb recoil spring is a little light for me since I like quick reacting pistols. Just as a note I like lighter bullets in my Glock 34 and I am using 121 Montana Golds at 131PF. Start collecting brass now and start reloading soon :cheers: Thanks, Eric

Just make sure you understand the way to safety check the pistol with light springs. With my set-up, 1 13# spring (with about 3000 rounds) barely (and slowly) allows the gun to go back into battery during a function check. I do the function check after each match/practice so I know when I need to replace the spring. I also have a new 13# spring in my bag for when it fails the test.....